
1. Gradequick~ Yes, I know this is a random thing to be thankful for, but I have realized recently just how fortunate I am to not have to tally my own grades. I have been reading Up the Down Staircase, which was published back in the 1970's by a high school English teacher, Bel Kaufman. It's amazing how much her life mimics my own! But what amazes me most is how much time she spent (besides grading essays) on figuring grades. It has given me such a fresh appreciation for the technology that not only figures my grades, but weights my tests, averages each term, and sends my grades to parents, all with a few mouse clicks.
2. I am thankful that my classroom is conveniently located across from two men, both of whom I can always rely on to kill the bugs that are always lurking behind whatever I am rearranging.
3. I am thankful that we didn't have any snow days to make up.
4. I am thankful that school is out for the summer, and that I have about two months to regroup, reevaluate, and revise my lessons and units.
5. I am thankful that along with doing the above, I have two months to read, lay out, watch the Today Show, drink iced tea, work out, and do things on my time.
6. I am thankful for our dishwasher. After not having one for the first three years of our marriage, I am amazed weekly at how easy it is to load it, turn it on, and then unload it. Magic!
7. I am thankful for the public library (actually, here in Searcy, the sign currently says Pubic Library, which sends me into giggles every time). It's not the best library I've ever used, but it usually has at least a few of the books on my reading list. And that saves a little money!
8. I am thankful for the rain, because it has made everything so green. As my friend Shannon observed, "This must be what Ireland looks like!" Well, maybe not exactly, but close.
9. I am thankful for the firefly show we have been having in our back field every night! It is simply AMAZING. It looks like something Disneyland would create, only better, because it's God's light show! The fireflies are EVERYWHERE, and it's just magical. I have tried to take pictures, but it just doesn't do it justice.
10. Finally, I am thankful for being a child of God. I am thankful for the avenue of prayer so that I can talk to him whenever I want. I am thankful for the struggles, however tough they may be, because they bring me closer to Him. He has blessed me so much.
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Ten Things Tuesday
Posted by Trisha at 9:48 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment