Jason says that I don't write enough about "what goes on in our day", so here is what a typical day in our life looks like:
5am: My alarm goes off, and I hit snooze. This pattern repeats for about 30 minutes until one of two things happen: I either get up on my own, or Jason pushes me until I get irritated and get up.
5:30am: I get up and shower. Jason gets up and takes Bailey out to pee and play.
6:35am: Jason leaves to drive the bus.
7:15am: This is when I should leave for school; typically though, I am drinking coffee and staring out the window.
7:20am: Bailey tries to hide from me so I won't put her outside. I usually find her in the closet or in the spare bedroom. Then I bribe her outside with a treat.
7:30am: I run out the door with various pieces of my outfit in hand; I drink more coffee and finish putting myself together on the way to school
8am: Jason gets to Harding and my first period class begins.
Our days at work are really somewhat similar. We both spend a lot of time explaining things, making decisions, reprimanding wayward youngsters, solving problems, replying to emails, listening to various whines and complaints... so insert any combination of these things here.
2:55pm~ Jason takes his lunch break at work to drive the afternoon bus route.
3:05pm~ School gets out. This means the kids leave, and I stay to prepare for another day.
Anywhere between 4pm and 5pm~ I leave school and go to the gym.
5pm~ Jason gets off work and does something exercise-ish~ gym, bike, run, whatever.
between 6pm and 7pm~ I get home, start dinner, play with Bailey, check Facebook, etc...
between 7pm and 7:30~ Jason gets home and we have dinner.
8pm-11pm~ Activities include arguing over the computer, watching Friends, cleaning up the kitchen, making lunches, making phone calls, grading papers, tidying up the house, updating Quicken, posting on the blog, taking baths/ showers, reading, etc...
11pm~ Bed. And we are both asleep in 3 minutes or less.
Let me say that this is a typical day. Days that fall into this category are usually Mondays, Tuesday, and Fridays. Wednesday mornings I leave for school at 6:30 because I monitor detention on those days, and Wednesday nights we have church. Thursday nights I have prayer group and Jason usually rides bikes with Garret. And I have been tutoring on Mondays as well.
So there you go! A day in the life of us!
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
A Day in the Life
Posted by Trisha at 9:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment