
God blessed me with one of most amazing biological families ever, and I hate that I am so far from the vast majority of them. Because of this, we have managed to construct what I like to call our "adopted family". There's the family you're given, and the family you find. Luckily, ours are equally amazing. This week, I will tell you what makes the "adopted family" so special to us...
1. My students: they may drive me mad, exasperate me, and steal my classroom decor (jokingly), but they are so special to me. It's amazing how protective they cause me to be. And they always know how to make me smile:
2-6~ My "Lunch Bunch"~ None of these women read this blog (at least, not that I know of), but they are my saving grace on a daily basis. I cannot tell you how inspiring and hilarious these women are. They are solid, encouraging Christian women, with whom I have shared side-splitting laughter and mascara-eliminating tears. They are so much more than the women I eat lunch with... they're like fairy godmothers. They each got their own number, and an example of why they're awesome.
2. Bobbie~ fighting her 3rd round of breast cancer, and still has only missed about 8 days of school. Queen of Searcy and the most devoted teacher at SHS, she is always ready to listen to / help me when I fly into her room at any minute of the day.
3. Shannon~ manages to teach English, sponsor and create the Yearbook, and raise three model children while looking like she just stepped out of Glamour magazine. She also lets me park myself at her pool all summer long, and sometimes leaves chocolate in my mailbox. She always has an encouraging word.
4. Mica~ one of the funniest people I have ever known. She is also a role model for me in that she is so solid in her relationship with God; you can see Him in all that she does.
5. Carla~ I love when she laughs. She has been so kind to me in so many ways.
6. Becky~ my 'pale and proud' buddy! She always has a smile, a compliment, and an inspiring outlook on any situation.
7. West Side Young Marrieds~ I know without a doubt that God placed these precious people in our lives at the exact moment we needed them most. I have never been a part of a group like this before: they desire so much to serve God in every way possible. I love being with them and growing in Him with them. I cannot put into words how much this group has blessed us in the short time we have been at West Side.
8. The Bennett Family~ We could not ask for better neighbors. They are always willing to help out no matter what we need. And we (Bailey included) are always welcome in the tornado shelter, which is much appreciated!
9. Darrell and Kerri Hickman~ They helped us put up our fence, they moved us into this house... they are always so much fun to be around. They helped me to realize that being close in age is not a friendship requirement.
10. The Austin's and The Phillips'~ Both of these families welcomed us into their homes on a weekly basis when we first got married, and they continue to pop up and check on us.
Bonus Thing to Be Thankful for: Friday= summer. BRING. IT. ON.
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Ten Things Tuesday-- Our Adopted Family
Posted by Trisha at 8:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Hi, Trisha! I am new to Ten Things Tuesday and am so excited about joining this list. It really makes me stop and think about all the blessings that I have in my life. I really enjoyed reading your list -- it was wonderful. I hope you enjoy your week.
~ Amy
Post a Comment