Sold by Patricia McCormick~ I read this novel about Nepali girls being sold into prostitution this weekend on my trip, and it was both heartbreaking and captivating. As a high school English teacher, I try to read quite a bit of adolescent lit, for obvious reasons. Sold is easily one of the best I've read recently. This book is written in free verse vignettes (similar to Out of the Dust) In a slew of one-word titled books by various authors (Cut, Crank, Massive, Smack, Speak), that I've read, this one stands out. I don't think American teens can relate to it as well as some others, but it will help them realize how lucky they are to live in a free society. Very good book.
Rachael Ray's Honey Lime Chicken Sandwiches~ I've made these three times now, and can officially say that they are delicious. I don't bother with the slaw, just the sandwiches and some avocado wedges. Yum! And it's actually a 30-minute meal, unlike some of hers that I have tried. Great with chips and salsa!
Biolage Smoothing Conditioner~ Up until last year, I never used conditioner. NEVER. My hair was too greasy for it. However, my stylist (that makes me sound snobby) hair girl expressed concern last August that while the top of my head was greasy, the ends were dry and gross. I started using a leave-in conditioner, which worked okay, but not great. My mom (ever the Beauty Supply junkie) recommended this stuff, and I love it. I only put it on the ends of my hair, so it lasts forever. It's really made a difference, and I love that it's not greasy.
Magic Erasers~ these are my saving grace when it comes time to clean the bathtubs. Actually, this is how I clean almost everything. I'm convinced that the Magic Eraser us the best cleaning product EVER. You must try it.
Monday, May 5, 2008
Favorite Things Friday (on Monday)
Posted by Trisha at 6:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
God bless the Magic Eraser!
Post a Comment