Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Ten Things Tuesday

XBOX Wife Ten Things Tuesday

1. Apparently today is Teacher Appreciation Day! I did not know this until a student came up to me, handed me an envelope, and mumbled, "Iamsupposedtogiveyouthisitisfrom mymomwellreallymebutanywaythanksforbeingmyteacher." There was a nice card inside, along with a Sonic gift card. Woo-hoo!

2. Both the boys and girls soccer teams won state for the 2nd year in a row! So proud of them!

3. I planted a pink peony in the yard yesterday, and it's very pretty. I hope it lives.

4. One of my favorite parts of living where we do are the sunrises and sunsets. See what I mean?

5. Even though she is an animal who can't speak or express emotion, Bailey makes me smile almost every morning. Like today, when she laid like this for about an hour.

6. I am thankful for the people I work with. We have fun. We belly laugh. We laugh until we cry. I found this particularly hilarious this morning: Science teacher Mica walks into the teacher's lounge at 7:55 and sees the strange-looking teacher appreciation cake. She says to me, "My door is locked and the kids are lining up outside of it waiting for their free education, but there's a cake here that appears to have been sprinkled with pollen, and that makes eating a piece of cake at 8am a priority." I work with fun, Christian people.

7. I am thankful for my husband, who let me oversleep this morning because he knew I needed it.

8. I am thankful for this commercial by The Discovery Channel, because it inspires me.

9. I am thankful for those little moments when my students see that I am exasperated, so they make me laugh.

10. I am thankful for the opportunity that has dropped into our laps the past few weeks. Jason was offered a job as the Mail Center Supervisor, which means a pay raise (yay!) and most importantly, free grad school FOR BOTH OF US. We have been thanking God ever since we got this news! We both wanted to go to grad school, but didn't even know how to start paying for it (since we're still paying for our last diploma), and now this comes along. We are very excited, and very, very blessed. There is so much to the story of all this and how it happened and what it means, but I will save that for another day. Suffice to say that God definitely answered our prayers.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I love that picture of Bailey, and I'm so excited that you and Jason can start grad school! I'm glad you found my blog--now we can stalk each other. :)

mzzterry said...

Thanks for being a teacher.