Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Wild Wednesday

Ten Things Tuesday didn't happen, but I have a valid excuse. We were out late at the SHS soccer games~ this was the qualifying game for state finals, and both the boys and girls won! If they win, this will be two years in a row! I just finished watching a piece about our teams on the news! Go Lions!

We have to leave for church in half an hour and I still have to make (well, reheat) dinner, so this is a quickie post to hold everyone over until later. As I have said, I read several blogs, and my friends with kids always post the cute things their kids say and do. My students (and Bailey) are my kids, and so here are a few funny things they have said recently (with commentary):

Me: "Callie, I have something for you from the office."
Callie: "Oh good! I hope it's something that says I am smart so I can show it to my mom!"
_____________

Karmen: "I did this wrong and now it's too late to fix it!"
Me: "Well, you could have asked me about it earlier this week."
Karmen: "I know, but you're never online, so I kept forgetting. When else do I have time to ask you stuff?"
Me: "During the 55 minutes we spend together every morning."
Karmen: "Oh yeah."

_____________

Katie: "Do you have one of those books where you look up a word and it gives you a whole bunch of other words that sound smarter?"
Me: "Do you mean a thesaurus?"
Katie: "Yes, a thesaurus! Do you have a thesaurus?"

The above conversation with Katie happened yesterday, and then we had this one today after I graded her rough draft...

Me: "Katie, you used a word in your paper that I don't know. Where did you get the word 'datty-boiled'?
Katie: "From the thick-tion-saurus you gave me!"
Me: (trying so hard not to laugh) "And what does 'datty-boiled' mean?"
Katie: "Insane."
Me: "Then you should have used the word insane."
Katie: "But Mrs. White, you told us to be original, and I guarantee no one else used that phrase in their paper."

____________

More to come!!!!!

1 comments:

Danna Ramsey said...

Sometimes, I really miss teaching! :-)