Well, I know you've all been waiting on pins and needles for a new post (j/k). The past two weeks have been insanely busy, and this week is no better. My British Romantic Poetry course will be over by Friday, and that it what is eating up most of my time; my other class lasts all summer, but is slightly less time-consuming. We've had a lot of company lately too, which has been fun, but between the classes and the company, there has been very little free time. Hopefully that will change this time next week! I promise to be a better blogger in July! We will be going to California for two weeks in July, but the computer will be coming with us, so I will be able to update. So there is a quick update, and here are two book reviews! Hope all of you are having a great summer!
Book Reviews
The Fiction Class~ When I bought this book, I thought it was non-fiction (even though it says 'A Novel' on the cover). It turned out to be fiction, and mediocre fiction at that. It was somewhat entertaining at times, but I disliked the main character, and I felt that some of the more interesting sub-stories were left dangling at the end. I found it ironic that a novel about writing fiction was poorly written itself. It gets 2 stars.
How Starbucks Saved my Life: A Son of Privilege Learns to Live Like Everyone Else~ I thought this looked interesting because I thought it would be about working at Starbucks, which is on my list of things to do before I die. The parts that were about working at Starbucks were somewhat interesting, but they were few and far between. A good majority of the book is an older man whining about the changes he's experienced in his career, and I ended up skimming through the whining in search of more Starbucks substance. I give it 2 stars.
Monday, June 23, 2008
Where did June go?
Posted by Trisha at 3:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I finished 'My Sister's Keeper' and have it ready to give back to you. It was SO good! I'm not sure I'm going to be able to get into 'The Time Traveler's Wife' so you might get that one back, too. :)
Oh, Trisha! I haven't tried any of those things for curly hair! Thank you, thank you.
Post a Comment