Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Lazy Tuesday

I took a sick day today, even though I am not sick at all. I have never used any of my sick days, and so I decided to take one today. I got the house cleaned, the laundry done, and then made dinner for two families at church. I feel much more rested tonight than I have in a long time, and I actually feel a little ahead of the game. I'm sure I won't feel this way by tomorrow night, but it is nice while it lasts.

I went to the foot doctor yesterday because of this weird toe thing I have had since August. I will spare everyone the details, but basically I have a very painful in-grown toe nail, and will be going back on May 22nd (last student day of school!) to have a little outpatient procedure done. I would have it done sooner, but I will have to wear flip-flops for about two weeks after he fixes it, and I can't wear flip-flops to school. I am just glad that this is getting fixed.

I had the most wonderful phone call on Sunday: our dear friends Michael and Ashley are expecting their first baby! Jason and Michael were roommates, and so were Ashley and I, and they are very very special to us. We don't see them as often as we would like, but I have a feeling that that is about to change! We are so excited for them!!!

I read several blogs (around 10 or so), and I have decided to kind of hodge-podge all of the blogs I read into the blog I now write. I will starting participating in Ten Things Tuesday next week, and Fridays will be Favorite Things Friday, where I will share some of the things I love most. I will try to post pictures of stuff at least once a week. That's about all the structure I can take though, so everything else will be pretty random.

In keeping with the random theme, here is a random list I made today:

Important Movies that everyone should see:

1. Dead Poets Society
2. Crash
3. Mean Girls
4. Simon Birch
5. Freedom Writers

1 comments:

Leslie said...

Hi Trisha!! If you like the movie Simon Birch, you need to read the book that it was "loosely" based on (changed a ton, but it is so much better!!), especially since you are an English teacher! It is called A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving. Have you read it? I read it in AP English my senior year of high school and it is my favorite book of all time, I think. Glad you enjoyed your "sick" day! I think I need to take one of those. :)