This post is a little late, but we didn't get in last night until midnight, and needless to say, I didn't feel like writing at that hour. So here is the first favorite things post:
Favorite Thing #1: My sweet nieces, Lucy and Lauren, as well as my new niece Caroline, who will be here in July. I am so blessed by these precious little ones. We do not get up there to see them nearly as much as we should, but I think of them and their smiles every day. Lucy loves dresses, princesses, and pretty much all things girly. Lauren loves purple, Elmo, and slamming herself into things. I cannot wait for Caroline to get here so we can meet her and love her too. They are very lovely little girls. My brother and sis-in-law are wonderful parents, and they have been such a good example to Jason and I.
Favorite Thing #2: Broccoli Wokly! I discovered this at Harp's back when it opened in February, and we love it! I crave steamed broccoli, and never got to have it because we don't have a steamer. But that has all changed! I pop this whole thing in the microwave for 4 minutes (even though the bag says 3 minutes), and that's it! Most of the time we just eat it with a little butter and salt! Yum!

Favorite Thing #3: My Pampered Chef Twist 'n' Chop! I got this at a Pampered Chef party back in February, and I have discovered so many uses for it. It's meant for use with ground meats (beef, chicken, turkey), and you use it like you would a fork, only this works better. A girl at church who also bought one told me, "My taco meat has never been smaller." Besides ground meats, I have used it to shred meat in the crockpot and to shred poached chicken. I love it! I have bought several to give out as presents (so some of you don't need to rush out and buy one, because chances are that I got you one for your JUNE birthday), and everyone else loves them too.

That's all for my favorites for now. But I do have a bonus photo and story (mostly for Jenny). I made my brother-in-law Garret a cake for his birthday this past week. I really wanted it to taste and look good, but I was in a hurry when the time came to frost it. I popped the cakes out of the layering pans, and stacked them, and then frosted them. I couldn't figure out why my frosting was going so far; usually I have to scrape and spread to cover a whole cake. All that frosting made it ugly, but we were late, so we hopped into the car with the world's ugliest cake in tow. I realized halfway into town why there was so much frosting: I had forgotten to frost in-between the layers! I made him a layer cake with no frosting between the layers! I felt like such a dope, and I felt bad because it probably didn't taste very good. It certainly was ugly:

I will leave the cake decorating to Jenny from now on! And Mom, if you're laughing, remember this: at least I don't use Garlic Pam to grease the cake pans.
1 comments:
Nothing better with rice krispy treats than Garlic Pam!! MMMMMM! Also, the girls love you guys too!!
Post a Comment