Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Wicked, again

In December, I went to Los Angeles with my mom to see Wicked. We didn't really know what to expect, and once the whole thing started, it was so amazingly overwhelming that it was difficult to take everything in. We LOVED it~ as soon as it was over, I wanted to see it again. So when I found out that the Wicked Tour was going to be in Memphis, I informed my two friends that we would be going. I didn't ask, I told. And this past weekend, we went. Shannon and Jaime are also English teachers at the high school, and I was really excited for them to see the show. We also took Shannon's daughter Kristen. I tried to describe the show a little on the drive there, but I just couldn't do it justice. We parked at the Peabody in Memphis and walked to the Rendezvous to have lunch~ it was delicious! Then we walked to the show, and sat in our amazing seats, and watched a wonderful show! I also got to see my old friend Lydia (Hi, Lydia!), which was very exciting for me (only we get didn't a picture together, which I really meant to do). It was a fun day, and I got so caught up in the fun that I failed to take many pictures. The pictures I did take are kind of goofy (I do that sometimes). This is all I can offer for now; Jaime may send me more later.


I thought this was funny.


The theater




Shannon's daughter took this picture of us.


This old man had a teddy bear waterbottle purse. I thought it was hilarious.


There's a song about Memphis. It has Union Ave in the lyrics. Hence:


I was desperate for pictures that I could caption "Walking in Memphis".


Walking in Memphis


A bad picture of the great view from our amazing seats. I am holding my phone in my lap to take the picture~ that bar was way below my eye level.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Casey and I are going this weekend with my mom, sister, and sister's boyfriend! I am SOO excited! As a Memphis native, I find it incredibly humorous that you felt the need to photograph the "Union Ave" street sign while "walking in Memphis." :)

Sara said...

Wicked is so awesome! You made me want to see it again, too.
Memphis looks like a fun place to visit. I might have to put that on my list. :)