Monday, June 15, 2009

A Funny

I am currently helping with the toddler class at church. I've taught the class before, and I don't mind it at all. There's little to no preparation, and little to no diaper changing. Score! This past Sunday, I hoisted the giant plastic ark onto the kidney-shaped table and pulled Noah and all of the animals out of it (Biblical accuracy is what we strive for). I held him up and said, "Does anybody remember who this is?" One bright-eyed little girl gasped and said, "SANTA!!!!!" just as if the man himself had walked in and given everybody a pony. Of course Stacey (the other teacher) and I collapsed into laughter. This Noah wears a brown jumpsuit thing with a white vest, and he is approximately four inches high. No red suit, no belly, no bag of toys, although he does have a hard plastic bubble beard. I guess I can see the resemblance, but it was still so funny. After we calmed our laughter, I asked again who it was, and the same little girl said, very sadly, "Noah?", in this tone that implied that Noah was okay, but Santa would have been more of a crowd-pleaser.

As much laughing as Stacey and I have been doing, this may turn into a weekly post. And I thought I wouldn't have any teaching stories to share this summer! :)

0 comments: