Everything about my morning smacks of the summer mornings I just said a woeful goodbye to. I slept until 7:30 (unheard of!), I watched the Today Show, I ate breakfast at the kitchen table, then stayed there while I read my book and finished my coffee. It feels like summer, it looks like summer, but it's not. It's Labor Day. Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate the three-day weekend. It's just so close to summer that it seems slightly cruel.
I am probably not alone in that I will be using today as a catch-up day. I did laundry on Saturday, went grocery shopping on Sunday, and thankfully, I have today to tidy the house, grade papers, and do my own homework. I still have class tonight (Harding thinks it's above National holidays), but I have the whole day to make the rest of the week easier. We will be gone this coming weekend, so I'd like to maintain the order as much as possible. We'll see.
Both of us started our classes at Harding this past week, and it was not awful, but it was an adjustment. We have decided that we need to be really organized, really understanding, and really patient if we're going to do this (and we are). I hate to leave dishes just sitting in the sink, but homework takes precedence over housework, so they there stayed. I usually plan a few meals and then improvise the rest, but now I have to plan what meal I will make on what day for about three weeks. I actually kind of enjoyed doing that though. This is our life now, and we are going to enjoy and be thankful for the chaos!
And so ends the worlds most boring blog entry.
Monday, September 1, 2008
Labor Day: The Oxymoronical Tease
Posted by Trisha at 9:20 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
It's not boring--it's informative. :) I'm glad you were able to catch up on things. I love feeling like I've accomplished something at home(although, it usually means sacrificing sleep for me!). I hope your classes continue to go well!
Post a Comment