This little tidbit may strike some as weird, but it's my blog, so I can show my true colors if I like.
In 2000, when Jason and I were dating, we discovered a song together. Well, it felt like we did. It was a song on a new CD by a popular band, but it was a little-known track on the album and is little-known to this day, and we both loved the song the first time we heard it. The song has a girl's name in it, and that is all the details you get, blog reader, because we like to keep things private. Anyhow, we were leaving In 'n' Out one night after a date, and we were headed back to my house. This song, which we had listened to just a few times, came on and we began to talk about it. At some point in the conversation I said that I loved the name in the song, and Jason told me he loved it too. And so, back in 2000, we decided that if we ever got married, we would have a girl and name her this name.
*Disclaimer: We are NOT pregnant! Not even close!*
This memory came to mind because this song came over my iPod today, and I realized that every time I hear this song, I am warmed by the fact that the song has both a memory and a future. I have never been one of those girls who "wants a baby SO BAD!", but when I hear this song, I do get a peacefully excited feeling about the hypothetical baby who will have this name. And she will probably hate her name and hate the song, but it was chosen for her at least ten years before she will come to be, and, like me, I know she will think that is pretty cool.
Friday, September 12, 2008
Weird Story
Posted by Trisha at 7:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment