Since I haven't blogged in three months, I feel the need to share what activities have been keeping us so busy.
I am about to wrap up my third year of teaching. I can't believe how quickly this year went. It was such a great year teaching-wise. I had an outstanding group of kids, and I really feel like I know what I am doing now (finally!). Last year ended on a rough note for me because we experienced a big drop in our literacy scores, which makes the administration VERY unhappy. Because of that, the English department spent a great deal of this year focused on raising our scores. We hoped to go from our low 62% to perhaps 72 or 74% percent. Imagine how excited were were when our scores came back this year and our literacy rate was at 81% !!! Like I said, this was an outstanding group of kids and I am really going to miss them.
Jason is the assistant director now, which was an exciting promotion he received back in February. He really enjoys his new position and I am so impressed by the way he deals with the challenges and demands of his job. He is truly being prepared for something great in the future!
Both of us are still in grad school. I will be done in December, and Jason will finish his MBA next summer. We are so thankful for the grad school opportunity we have been given, but we are both so ready to have it behind us. We stay very busy between our jobs and our classes, Jason especially. I miss cooking, weekend trips, and blogging~ those things have all fallen to the wayside because of our classes. Needless to say, I am really looking forward to December.
This July is our five year wedding anniversary. I am in denial about this a little, because it does not feel like we have been married that long. We are planning an anniversary trip to Charleston, South Carolina. The destination for this trip was hotly debated for a while, because I wanted relaxation and Jason wanted to SEE things. Charleston was the compromise we agreed upon, and we are both very excited.
Bailey is still our spoiled doggie. She was stung by something back in March, and she swelled up so big that we took her to the vet. She scared us that day, but has been her normal doggie self ever since.
That's a quick summary of our life at the moment. We are so blessed!
Monday, May 25, 2009
Update
Posted by Trisha at 8:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment