Friday, July 25, 2008

Four Years Ago Yesterday

Our four year wedding anniversary was yesterday, and we spent most of our night reminiscing about our wedding day. I thought it would be fun to share some of our favorite memories from that day with all of you. It's the behind-the-scenes look at our wedding!

* I loved the morning of my wedding, because it was so laid-back. I woke up early and went alone to have my hair done, which was the quiet time I had requested. When I got back to my parent's house though, I spent the morning laughing with my parents and brother and sis-in-law, and Lucy, who was still so little. Good times!

* As we were about to leave for the church, my maid of honor called to tell me that traffic was backed up on Bear Valley Road, and to take the interstate. I got in the truck with my parents, and as we neared the on-ramp, we saw... stand still traffic. Apparently, some sort of equipment had fallen off of a truck and caused all sorts of delays and closed streets. We were stuck for a long time, but I remember it being kind of fun. I had my veil on already, and people were honking and waving at me.

* During the traffic, my maid of honor Christine called back to tell me they had taken advantage of the traffic to stop and wait it out at Starbucks. She wanted to know of she could bring me a coffee. I told her I wanted my usual~ an iced grande three-shot vanilla latte with nonfat milk. When we all finally got to the church, she handed me a venti two shot latte and said, "You don't need three shots today." She was right.

* Jason tells me that while he was waiting for the wedding to start, he was in the church kitchen, "surrounded by Del Taco food". Several people brought food for the boys, and it was everywhere. I was also handed a taco, but never got to eat it.

* Jason told me he was super nervous, and when he heard the first of the music, he got a little nauseous. But then he saw me, and he said he was all better. Aw!

* I wanted to ride in Jason's truck to our reception, but my dress barely fit! It was fun though, because people were honking and waving at us.

* Neither of us ate a piece of our wedding cake. Just the bite we fed each other.

* Our friends and family attacked our truck with decor, and even infiltrated our honeymoon luggage. We cracked up! There were so many surprises to discover!

* We stopped at In n' Out on the way to the hotel. We were so hungry!

It was a perfect day for us! I only have a few pictures on this computer, and they are below!

At the reception

Sweet Daddy gives me away.

Look how little Lucy was!

1 comments:

Jenny said...

You had such a great wedding!! That picture of you and Lucy is one of my favorites!!! Happy four years!