Jason and I are both feeling somewhat irresponsible after this weekend. It's not your typical version of irresponsibility though. We didn't make a major unplanned purchase. We didn't pack up and drive until we ran out of gas. We didn't sign up to star in a reality TV show. Our version of irresponsibility consisted of good friends, food, games, and absolutely no school work. And it was glorious! Typically, we go out once or twice on the weekends, and then spend the rest of our time on housework and grad school. This weekend, we had dinner with friends on Friday, and then played spades until late. Jason got up and rode his bike Saturday morning while I cleaned our house and made a grocery list (this is the only productive thing that occurred on Saturday). When he got home, we headed out for pizza and Nerts with the same friends plus a few more. Another late night, then up for church the next morning. We ate lunch at Chili's with friends, stopped at Walmart for some groceries (this is the only productive thing that occurred on Sunday), went home and put the groceries away, then went back to church. Of course we had to stay for the homemade ice cream potluck, and then help clean up the potluck (it was during this potluck that I sprayed cherry Dr. Pepper all over myself and several others; on the bright side, it may be a while before anyone asks me to help pour drinks at an event). When the church kitchen was clean and the lights off, good students would have headed home to try to do a little work. We rebeled by going to a friends house so that Jason could play Halo (a video game involving lots of chasing and killing) and I could, once again, play Nerts and Spades. We got home at 11:30 and crashed, and just now the panic has set in that we both have to buckle down and get busy on our classes. Of course this is hard to do when I know that some very important guests will be arriving exactly 48 hours from now (Hurry Mom and Dad!)! All this being said, I will leave you with a few pictures of the massive spider web we discovered built over our back door:

0 comments:
Post a Comment